Find out about all the facilities available to this site.
Navigate around this site.
Black Arrow Rocket
2 Entertain Video
Apollo - One Giant Leap For Mankind
Our Price: ?7.59
Pretend & Play Space Station
Action City 9105 - Space Mission Shuttle and Hubble
From Nazis to NASA
Doctor Who - Genesis Of The Daleks
Rocket Propulsion Elements
George P. Sutton
Classic Pictures Entertainment Ltd.
Take the ultimate step ... into space with Super Mario Galaxy.
Launch Schedule features new space missions for 2013. It includes launch date, launch schedule and mission info on nasa, esa, nasa, russia, private space industry and other space 2013 missions.
* NASA and Bigelow Aerospace announce plans for
inflatable station modules
TDRS-K spacecraft is part of the next-generation series in the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System, a constellation of space-based communication satellites providing tracking, telemetry, command and high-bandwidth data return services.
NASA's Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-K (TDRS-K) was launched at 8:48 pm EST on 30 January 2013 on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V 401 rocket from Space Launch Complex 41 on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
* Orbital Sciences Corporation Test Flight
SpaceX CRS-2 is the 2nd SpaceX operational mission contracted to
NASA under a Commercial Resupply Services contract. It is the 4th
fourth flight for SpaceX's uncrewed Dragon cargo spacecraft . It
maybe launched on 1 March 2013.
* ISS Progress 51
* First Vietnamese Earth Observation Satellite
* Assembly Flight: 36S
Dates Not Known
* Russia’s First Private Satellite to Be Launched in 2013:
Russia’s first satellite manufactured and operated by a private firm will be launched in 2013.
The DX1-class 50-kg satellite will be designed to fine-tune a satellite platform, monitor the movement of ships in the world’s oceans and test a variety of payloads.
* ASTRO-G: ASTRO-G (also known as VSOP-2) is a
planned radio telescope satellite under development by JAXA. It is
expected to be launched in fiscal year 2012 into elliptic orbit
around Earth (apogee height 25,000 km, perigee height 1,000 km).
Astro-G was selected in February 2006 against the competition of a
proposed new X-Ray astronomy mission (NeXT) and a proposed solar
sail mission to Jupiter. Funding will start from FY 2007 with a
budget of 12 billion yen, around 100 million US dollars.
* Chang'e 3: Chang'e 3 is a Chinese lunar-lander and rover scheduled for launch in 2013. It will be China's first lunar rover, part of the second phase of the Chinese lunar exploration program undertaken by the China National Space Administration (CNSA).
* Chandrayaan 2: Chandrayaan-2 is a joint lunar exploration mission proposed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Russian Federal Space Agency (RKA). The mission includes a lunar orbiter and a lunar rover made in India as well as one lander built by Russia. It might be launched in 2013 by a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV).
* Luna-Glob (Russian Robotic Moon Mission): Luna-Glob is an unmanned mission to the Moon planned by Russia and maybe launched in 2012 by a Soyuz-Fregate rocket. Luna-Glob may include an orbiter as well as a landing module with 12 ground penetrating sensors. The largest two of them will most likely be a reuse of sensors previously built for the cancelled Japanese mission LUNAR-A. Luna-Glob will land a surface probe in South Pole-Aitken basin at the Moon's south pole, where it will search for signs of water ice.
* BepiColombo: BepiColombo is a Mercury exploration project jointly planned by Japan and the European Space Agency (ESA). Two spacecraft will be launched by a Soyuz-Fregat 2B rocket in 2013. The spacecraft will be separated at the Mercury orbit and observe Mercury for about 1 year under collaboration.
* Google Lunar X Prize: The challenge calls for teams to compete in successfully launching, landing and operating a rover on the lunar surface. The prize awards US$20 million to the first team to land a rover on the moon that successfully roves more than 500 meters and transmits back high definition images and video. The X Prize awards the first prize until December 31, 2012, thereafter it awards $15 million until December 31, 2014.
NASA's Orion Exploration Flight
Test-1 in 2014
* Chinese Lunar Sample Return Mission: China plans a lunar sample return mission in 2017 using of the CZ-5/E heavy launch vehicle. Up to two kilograms of lunar samples may be returned to Earth.
Selene-2 is a proposed Japanese moon lander as a successor to the 2007 SELENE (Kaguya) moon orbiter. The exact configuration has not yet released.
Hopefully there will be a Mars Sample Return Mission.
Russia’s First Private Satellite to Be Launched in 2013: from RIANovosti News.
NASA Launch Schedule
by Dr. Frank Crossman (Editor), Dr. Robert Zubrin (Editor)
from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca
from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca, ecampus.com, Walmart.com
Any comments or suggestions on the Space and Astronomy 2013 page, click on Contact Info.
Space Projects and Info Home Page
Kids to Space
Play and Store Space Mission Box
Driving to Mars
William L. Fox
International Reference Guide to Space Launch Systems
Joseph P., Jr. Hop
Mission to the Moon
3-D Solar System - Boxed
Glow In The...
Space & Missile Defense Report
History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines
George P. Sutton
Ice Cream Sandwich Astronaut Space Snack
3D Tour of the Solar System
2001 - A Space Odyssey
Dennis R. Jenkins
Silver Space Shuttle