Space and Astronomy 2012
Find out about all the facilities available to this site.
Navigate around this site.
Black Arrow Rocket
2 Entertain Video
Apollo - One Giant Leap For Mankind
Our Price: ?7.59
Pretend & Play Space Station
Action City 9105 - Space Mission Shuttle and Hubble
From Nazis to NASA
Doctor Who - Genesis Of The Daleks
Rocket Propulsion Elements
George P. Sutton
Classic Pictures Entertainment Ltd.
Take the ultimate step ... into space with Super Mario Galaxy.
Space and Astronomy 2012 space missions launch schedule included NuSTAR, Phobos-Grunt, China's first woman in space, 50th Anniversary of the First American in Orbit and more.
ISS avoids Space Debris.
International Space Station moved into higher orbit on Friday 13, January, 2012 to avoid space debris. It was the 13th debris avoidance maneuver in the station's history.
Join our newsletter for update news / info.
Russian Spacecraft Phobos-Grunt Crashes in Pacific Ocean.
Russia's Phobos Grunt spacecraft has had nothing but problems since launching into space on November 8, 2011. It crashed into the Pacific Ocean on 15 January 2012.
* NASA marks 26 years after Challenger disaster: Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after launch at an altitude of 14,000 meters (46,000 feet), killing everyone on board on January 28, 1986.
NASA launches FaceBook Game.
NASA's first online game for the social media age is called Space Race Blastoff.
50th Anniversary of the First American in Orbit.
The 50th Anniversary of the First American in Orbit was on 20 February 2012. John Glenn became the first American to orbit the Earth as he flew aboard Project Mercury's Friendship 7 spacecraft in 1962.
* ATV-3: The ATV-3 European Space Agency cargo vehicle, named Edoardo Amaldi will be launched on March 9, 2012. It will carry food, fuel and supplies to the International Space Station. It
* ISS Progress 47: A Progress resupply spacecraft will deliver cargo to the International Space Station. Launch date: April 20, 2012.
SpaceX Dragon to ISS: The Falcon 9 rocket will launch the
Dragon capsule to the International Space Station. Pending
completion of final safety reviews, testing and verification, NASA
has agreed to allow SpaceX to send its Dragon spacecraft to
rendezvous with the Station in a single flight. Launch Date:
* NuSTAR: NuSTAR will search for black holes, map supernova explosions, and study the most extreme active galaxies. It was launched on June 13, 2012 on an Orbital Pegasus from Kwajalein.
NuSTAR will be the first focusing hard X-ray telescope to orbit Earth and is expected to greatly exceed the performance of the largest ground-based observatories that have observed this region of the electromagnetic spectrum. NuSTAR will also complement astrophysics missions that explore the cosmos in other regions of the spectrum.
* China's First Female in Space:Chinese Shenzhou 9 was launched on 16 June 2012. Shenzhou 9 was the second spacecraft and first manned spacecraft to dock with the Tiangong 1 space station. The mission's crew included the first Chinese female astronaut, Liu Yang.
* Soyuz TMA-05M was launched on 15 July 2012 (late July 14 EDT), transporting three members of the Expedition 32 crew to the International Space Station (ISS).
* Radiation Belt Storm Probes (RBSP): The Radiation Belt Storm Probes mission will help us understand the Sun's influence on Earth and Near-Earth space by studying the Earth's radiation belts on various scales of space and time.
* Russian Free-flying ISS Module: Russia (as of 2007) plans to operate an industrial module OKA-T in close proximity to the International Space Station from 2012 to produce ultra pure material. According to Russia's Central Research and Development Institute of Machine Building (TsNIIM), OKA will dock to the ISS for servicing and unloading experiment samples.
* First North Korean Orbital Launch: The first successful North Korean orbital launch was achieved by Unha-3 on 12 December 2012. The payload included the first North Korean satellite, however, the satellite reached orbit but malfunctioned.
FUTURE SPACE MISSIONS
2013 - Astronomy and Space Missions and Events Guide.
Any comments or suggestions on the Space and Astronomy 2012 page, click on Contact Info.
Space Projects and Info Home Page
Kids to Space
Play and Store Space Mission Box
Driving to Mars
William L. Fox
International Reference Guide to Space Launch Systems
Joseph P., Jr. Hop
Mission to the Moon
3-D Solar System - Boxed
Glow In The...
Space & Missile Defense Report
History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines
George P. Sutton
Ice Cream Sandwich Astronaut Space Snack
3D Tour of the Solar System
2001 - A Space Odyssey
Dennis R. Jenkins
Silver Space Shuttle